Sunday, September 7, 2008

Summer, Please Don't Go

Brian & I hosted what will likely be our last big bash for some time this weekend, inviting about 100 of our closest friends, relatives & co-workers to our lovely Greenlake Home on Latona.  I thought of it as our last chance to have folks over to a home that still looked like adults lived there, rather than the romper room I'm sure it will become in the next month & for years hereafter.

Fortunately, I had this week off (between jobs again!) which left me with plenty of time to prepare.  Brian's mom, Louise, came over a little early on Saturday to help with set up (and supply her lovely Hawaiian pupu appetizers and some of Grandma G's brownies).

There was plenty of food, including a kids corner with pb&j and mini corn dogs (which I saw adults sneaking off with when they thought no one was looking...)

House Party 013 

And a TON of children!

   House Party 031House Party 019House Party 035House Party 015

 

 

 

 

 

 

The adults had fun, too...

 House Party 034

 House Party 037House Party 024

 

 

 

 

 

 

And even little Ollie was kept occupied, primarily by children chasing him all over the yard & house.

House Party 016

All in all, the afternoon & evening was a success, and we were thrilled that so many people were able to come.  We were also very thankful that the weather cooperated!

Sunday we spent recovering in front of the dismal Seahawk game, putting the house back together and enjoying another lovely fall day in Seattle.  Tomorrow I start my newest career adventure at Microsoft. 

-cw

No comments: